Sunday, May 08, 2005

Wahoo! X-back success

After only four attempts (one of which was spectacularly bad), I finally have a Ribbon X-back tank that fits me! True, versions 2 and 3 never made past the 4-inch mark, but they still involved casting on, knitting furiously, frogging, and rewinding yarn. So, here is x-back version 4 in all its glory:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Pattern: Ribbon X-back from Knitty.com Spring 2005, size x-small
Yarn: Crystal Palace Deco Ribbon in color 9237, strawberry soda
Needles: US size 11
Please ignore my squinty face and the hair that's sticking up. I thought about cropping my head off, but I have decided that I don't like headless photos. Photos look better with heads and I don't need to conceal my identity. Cyber-creep Monkee already knows what I look like.

Here's the back:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I could go on and on about my trials with this tank top, but what's the point? I finished it and I'm happy. It's comfortable, cute, and perfect for this summer!

10 comments:

Dani said...

Looks great!

knit chick said...

[whistles] It's looks AWESOME! I'm so glad that you stuck with it, despite the previous attempts!

ingrid said...

Looks great! I'm inspired! :) Was there a trick to getting the gauge right?

monkeemaven said...

Stunning!

FaeryCrafty said...

The top looks great! I just scored some Katia Ola from Ebay and I am planning on knitting Xback for my next project :)

grumperina said...

Oh that is so lovely! (Especially after seeing the spectacularly bad attempt) Enjoy it for the summer!

froggyknits.com said...

wow, looks fantastic!

ann said...

woo-hoo! you're looking fantastic!

Dharia said...

wow! that looks awesome! good job.

Nik said...

MUCH better than the other one. Persistence works, huh? :D