Wednesday, September 28, 2005

In the Pink

What better way to celebrate finishing a sweater that I didn't like?
Amazing Grace knitted during the Amazing Race

This is the start of Grace from Debbie Bliss's Cotton Angora book. I have been wanting to make this sweater for ages. I'm using squishy and soft Karabella Aurora 8 and I'm loving it. I'm cabling without a cable needle which makes knitting very fast. I wonder why I didn't learn to do this sooner. Last night at the SnB, I showed Monkee's mother how to do a cable without an extra needle. She was horrified when she saw the stitches hanging in mid-air. :-)

The Amazing Race started last night--yay! I'm a little disappointed to see that the entire race may take place in the United States for this season. Where's the fun of seeing self-centered Americans make fools of themselves in other countries? I wonder if we will be getting a history lesson and be overwhelmed with patriotism during this race. I would find that annoying.

5 comments:

GretchenX said...

Dear Scout,

Why only an ear in this picture? You look very pretty in the picture with your Momma holding you!

Brutus says Meow!

Mintyfresh said...

It doesn't look good for avoiding jingoisitc crap this season, unfortunately. They felt like good Americans for seeing the flag get folded? I'm sorry, what?

I could talk about TAR for days and days. Still love the show tho!

Anonymous said...

I love how Grace is turning out!

You know if you tell me that you like pink, I would never have guessed ;)

Jennifer said...

I've got to learn how to cable without a cable needle. Of course my first cable project uses super chunky yarn, so I guess I'll have to wait.

Kathy said...

I love that pink yarn!

I was also disappointed in the Race, but it was the families that did it for me. I ranted on my blog about it this morning.