Friday, July 01, 2005

Coral Tank

Coral

Pattern: Coral from Rowan 31, size small
Yarn: Euroflax Linen, Athens, shade: purple, blue, white
Needles: US 7 for main body, US 9 for edges, US 13 for cast on and bind off
Alterations: Converted pattern to be worked in the round, changed shoulder shaping to use short rows and three-needle bind off
Overall thoughts: The pattern was insanely easy and quick to knit. The tank is very comfortable, but I'm not certain that it is very flattering on me. It's very see-through, but a nude-colored camisole takes care of that. I see this more as beachwear or something to wear when it is extremely hot outside. Peter doesn't care for it at all. But I think the pattern and the yarn were well suited for each other. What I like most about this tank is that I can (and have) thrown it in the washer and dryer.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! I see what you mean by see-through because I can see your jeans through it! But at the same time, I think it looks great on you, just remember a little modesty :). Great job!

Anonymous said...

Great bathing suit cover-up for the way home from the beach, methinks.

Jennifer said...

It will make a fabulous cover-up over a swimsuit while enjoying a margarita by the pool!

Mia said...

So what if it is see thru, I still like it. That is what cute tops are for. You can wear one of them underneath it and have fun.

amylovie said...

I think you look great in it. Try it with a pair of khaki shorts or capris.

Amy

Mona said...

i found you by leafing through blogs...I love what you did! I gotta say, the pic with the kitty is especially cute to...and your photos from the past? Those are classic.

Anyway, great site, thanks for the visit!

Elizabeth said...

Nice job! It fits you quite well, and the material looks perfect for our swampy Houston weather.

Anneliese said...

Hi, I found this from your Ravelry page. A current cute style is to belt shirts like yours. Get a very wide belt, maybe in a classy silver or gray? Try on different ones to see if you can find something in a good color. You will get your waist back, too, so maybe your man will like it better!

Anneliese said...

Oh yes, I should have said the belt goes right around your natural waist, the smallest part, not through your jeans. It will be above your jeans.