Friday, July 29, 2005

It's the End of the Lace as We Know It...

...and I feel fine tired! I stayed up too late knitting. But after 10 charts, 250 rows, and 62,500+ stitches later, I have this!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Now all I need to do is the crochet cast-off and then block the shawl until it's gorgeous. Who knows how long those two steps will take. By the end, as the number of stitches in each row grew closer and closer to 495, I was spending nearly 30 minutes knitting each row. So, I'm thinking the crochet cast-off will take me at least an hour to do. Probably more because I'm not very speedy with a crochet hook.

As for blocking--I'm not sure when that will be done. Wendy said that she spent an hour pinning out her Peacock Feathers. I'm sure that I will need more time because I'm not using blocking wires and I have never blocked a lace shawl before! To make matters worse, life (namely work) will probably prevent me from blocking it over the weekend. Grrr.

Other stuff:
I'm giddy about this. "It's time to put on make up! It's time to light the lights! ..."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, shawl. I need to start another one.

As for the Muppet Show.... *squees uncontrollably* I've been looking forward to this since I got a DVD player!

Anonymous said...

Don't you hate how you can knit the last row of something and feel like you're this close to being done when in fact you still have hours of work ahead of you? I can never believe how long casting off takes. Well, the end is in sight -- good luck with the last few steps!

Jennifer said...

an't wait to see it all blocked and lovely!

I love The Muppet Show! Kidlets do too! Yay!!!

amylovie said...

Your shawl is truly a labor of love. I can't wait to see it.

I had no idea the muppet show is on DVD. I am such a fan (you should see my Miss Piggy collection).

Have a great weekend,
Amy

Anonymous said...

I am still in love with how tidy your charts are. Can't wait to see how the shawl looks blocked!

Kathy said...

Thank you for the heads up on The Muppet Show! I can't wait!

LB said...

Cat! :D

Anonymous said...

Yay! You finished the shawl! And thanks for the heads-up on the Muppet Show. That was one of my favorites growing up...