Tuesday, May 09, 2006

This Is Just to Say*

I chopped down the house that you had been saving to live in next summer.**
I finished Mariella. It is very cute when lying on my blocking board. Not so cute when on me. Expect a full FO report soon. (Note that “soon” is a relative term.)

I am sorry, but it was morning, and I had nothing to do
I only wish that I had nothing to do. Instead, work has been crazy busy recently. I used to knit 2–4 hours every day. Now I’m lucky if I can knit a single stitch. However, I’m still happy because busy means that my new company (of which I am president, secretary, and treasurer, and have the papers to prove it) is off to a successful start.

and its wooden beams were so inviting.
Around the World in Lacy DaysThis summer’s Amazing Lace KAL is very inviting. It's a KAL with a twist. Not your everyday KAL. Although I’m not much of a joiner, I jumped to join this KAL. I intend to finish The Poor Neglected Barbie Shawl and do/start The Shaped Triangle Shawl from A Gathering of Lace and perhaps make a Flower Basket Shawl along the way. This, of course, depends on what’s happening with my work.


* Title from the famous poem by William Carlos Williams

** Subheads from the infamous spoof by Kenneth Koch***

*** Footnotes to show that I’m not plagiarizing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am familiar with the cute-on-the-blocking-board-only phenomenon. My blocking board has the potential to be the best-dressed inanimate object in my house, if I were to allow it to wear all the things that look better on it than on me.

Thanks for promoting The Amazing Lace! You have such ambitious plans...can you outlace Monkee?

Anonymous said...

Hee. I love footnotes.
Especially when they're there to show you're not plagiarizing.
Hee.

Jennifer said...

Footnotes... *giggle*

Anonymous said...

so much depends upon
a good poetry spoof
complete with footnotes
on the white page.

(Poetry is hard!)

Helen said...

oh my oh my. i do so love Barbie's original poem. but you and your fun is great too! us silly writers :)

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of doing the Shaped Triangle Shawl too, but not under any time constraint, because I suck at those. Ha ha!

TGIF, time for you to relax, Laura!

- MJ