Thursday, February 03, 2005

Where's my yarn?!

I'm itching to start DH's sweater. I have most of the yarn, but the contrasting color has yet to arrive--and the sweater starts with the CC. I hope the yarn arrives today. If it doesn't, I will email the vendor.

I'm all prepared to start the sweater. I've wound yarn, swatched, washed the swatch, made a swatch of the cable pattern, and made an enlarged copy of the cable chart. And because I'm such a visual person and a bit of a nerd, I carefully color coded the cable chart.

Why is there a weird glare on that chart? Because, in even more nerd-fashion, I put the chart in one of those plastic page protectors. And if you filp the chart over, you will see the entire pattern for the sweater. So where's my yarn!!!???

4 comments:

monkeemaven-fruitcakeknits said...

Nerd.

But the chart looks gorgeous!

Lisa P said...

Oh I do the same thing. Nerds unite! *LOL!*

Jaimi said...

Ooooh yeah. I am all about the sheet protectors. (And the dividers that are wide enough so the tabs stick out between sheet-protected pages. Definitely yeah.)

Anonymous said...

Gee - I used fluorescent markers on my chart, and yes, it is in a page protector too, with the pattern instructions readily accessible on the flip side...You're a scientific editor? This is freaky: I'm currently a Tech writer but used to teach HS physics/chem/etc, and use Holt textbooks.

Verra handsome stitchwork on the cable rib shawl.

Cheers,
YajB
the Woolley MomMyth